Older children are ready for cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) that incorporates mindfulness and self-awareness.
CBT is an evidence-based treatment that teaches children to manage their feelings, cope with stress, and make wise choices.
Our goal-oriented psychotherapy teaches skills so your child can reach their full potential. Psychotherapy is most effective when the child connects deeply with their therapist and our therapists are skilled at putting children at ease and making therapy time special.
Therapy with children includes working with the family as a team. Parents are crucial partners in making sure that the child’s new skills get used at home, school, and in the community. And, since these clients are kids, therapy has to be fun. Skills are taught and practiced through games, art, and play.
Therapy can help a child address:
- Coping with strong feelings (anxiety, frustration, anger, sadness)
- Getting through a stressful situation
- Learning to be more flexible and resilient
- Avoiding becoming uncooperative or having “meltdowns” in the face of stress
- Making and keeping friends, or solving social problems in a positive way
- Developing a positive personal identity
- Tolerating medical and dental treatments, or managing the stress of an illness
- Dealing with the stress of being “neurodiverse” in a “neurotypical” world
In-person therapy and teletherapy available.
Contact us today to learn more about how we can help or to schedule an appointment.